Honor ® Show Chow® Full Range™ feed is designed to be fed at 2 to 2.5% of bodyweight per day along with free-choice grass hay. This feed is designed for show cattle 400 pounds to Show with proper management. Frame, genetics and management will determine finishing period. Always provide plentiful fresh, clean water.
Caution Store in a dry area away from insects.
Do not feed moldy or insect-infested feed.
Winning Matrix Efficient production requires a thorough understanding and application of the fundamental principles of good husbandry and sanitation. The Purina Winning Philosophy program will help you step into the spotlight.
- GOOD BREEDING: Practice a sound genetic program of selection and culling. Visit a professional breeder for more information. Know the feeling when you have that perfect animal that has the best potential to win.
- GOOD FEEDING: Proper nutrition for different needs and lifestyles starts with Honor® Show Chow® products. Feed at regular times at least two times daily, with three daily feedings preferred. You can’t become a Grand Champion without the best nutrition.
- SOUND MANAGEMENT: A clean environment minimizes stress and can improve average daily gains. Clean stalls,remove debris and provide fresh water daily. The daily attention to detail is the difference between a Grand Champion and lower placement.
- PREVENTIVE HEALTH: Establish an effective health program with your local veterinarian. A sick animal never makes it to the top.
- When making a ration change, allow 7-10 days for animals to adjust to the new ration.
- Provide a source of fresh, clean water at all times.
- Do not allow fine material to accumulate in feeders.
- Provide adequate, well-protected and well-managed bunk space for each animal to prevent feed from becoming wet and moldy.
- When fed from a self-feeder, adjust feeder to minimize quantity of feed accumulating in trough.
- Cattle should be vaccinated against enterotoxemia.
- Consult your veterinarian for the recommended health program for your local area. This includes internal and external parasite control.
- Provide plain salt and Purina Wind & Rain® All Season mineral free choice.
In groups of cattle, there are certain animals that experience bloat or other digestive disturbances, and consequently are poor performers. In addition, excess feed consumption, severe weather changes resulting in erratic feed consumption and poorly-managed feeding practices can increase the incidence of bloat in all cattle. If bloating does occur, the above management practices should be reviewed.
NutrientMin / MaxAmount
Crude Protein MIN 12 %
Lysine MIN 0 %
Crude Fat MIN 3 %
Calcium (Ca) MIN 52 %
Calcium (Ca) MAX 1.02 %
Phosphorus (P) MIN .30 %
Vitamin A MIN 3520 IU/LB
Potassium MIN .30 %
Salt (NaCl) MIN. 15 %
Salt (NaCl) MAX .65 %
Non Protein Nitrogen(NPN) MIN 3.5 %
Honor Show Chow Full Range feed fed with free-choice grass hay is designed to help promote feed intake, bloom and fill in cattle fed for show, and can be fed throughout the entire feeding period to young calves being prepped for sale, as well as, steers and heifers being fed for exhibition.
Purina Honor Show Chow Full Range
- Brand: Purina Animal Nutrition
- Product Code: 7496
- Weight : 50.00lb
- Availability: In Stock