Purina Equine Senior Horse Feed
Purina’s Ph.D. Equine Nutritionists and Veterinarians continually research new ways to address the specific needs of aging horses, helping your senior horse live a long, healthy life. Purina Equine Senior horse feed has been scientifically studied at the Purina Animal Nutrition Center for over 20 years. With this formulation, our nutritionists have combined all the benefits of the trusted original Equine Senior® horse feed together with discoveries from the most cutting-edge equine science.
Forage Built In
To completely or partially replace the hay or pasture in the horse’s diet when dental problems or missing teeth prevent them from eating forage
#1 Veterinarian Recommended Senior Horse Feed
Four out of five Equine Veterinarians recommend Purina’s Equine Senior® horse feed to their clients with senior horses, according to an independent study conducted in November 2012
Exclusive ActivAge™ Prebiotic
Scientifically studied in senior horses to support optimal function of the aging immune system
Purina® Amplify® High-Fat Nugget
A proprietary blend of vegetable oils, flax seed and rice bran for weight maintenance, shine and bloom
Scientifically formulated with a blend of fiber sources including beet pulp and top quality hay to help maintain the senior horse’s body condition and support normal digestive function
Controlled Starch and Sugar
Formulated to provide a diet lower in nonstructural carbohydrates that may be suitable for aging horses with carbohydrate sensitivities
Vitamin & Mineral Fortification
Designed to meet the specific nutritional needs of senior horses to support immune function and overall health when fed as directed
Based on “Nutrient Requirements of Horses Sixth Revised Edition–2007” published by the National Research Council
Highly Palatable with Less Sugar
A unique blend of molasses and soy oil for a higher fat molasses that encourages optimal intake versus straight cane molasses that is higher in sugar
Contains Vitamin C and Vitamin E to provide additional support for a healthy immune system
High-quality hay built in to help senior horses get the fiber they need
|#1 Veterinarian Recommended Senior Horse Feed||
|Easy Soak™ Pellet Technology||
|Easy to Digest||
|Combined Energy Sources||
|Vitamins and Minerals||
|FeedGuard® Nutrition System||
|- WEIGHT OF HORSE IN POUNDS -|
|LIFESTYLE||600 lbs||800 lbs||1,000 lbs||1,200 lbs||1,400 lbs|
|Equine Senior® horse feed (lbs/day)|
- Do not feed free-choice.
- Feed at regular times (at least twice daily). When feeding rates exceed 1% of body weight, three daily feedings are preferred.
- Any feed changes should be made gradually over a period of 7 to 10 days.
- Changes in the rate of feeding should not exceed one pound per day for each horse.
- Have plenty of fresh, clean water available at all times.
- Prevent the rapid eating by the horse of any feed stuffs.
- Store feed in a dry, well-ventilated area protected from rodents and insects.
- Do not feed moldy or insect-infested feed to animals as it may cause illness or death.
- This product to be fed to the animal species as directed on the label.
- In addition to nutritional care and consultation, be sure to make regular veterinary checkups and farrier appointments part of your horse wellness program.