Purina Equine Senior Horse Feed
Today’s horses are living longer lives, and the lifestyle of an active, aging horse requires special care and proper nutrition to maintain optimum health. Purina Equine Senior Active horse feed is a nutritionally balanced and specifically formulated for the active, aging horse whose caring owner wants their companion to feel as healthy as it looks.
Equine Senior Active now contains ActivAge™ prebiotic. New ActivAge™ prebiotic has been scientifically proven to promote optimal immune function in senior horses.
ActivAge™ prebiotic is a proprietary feed additive that contains beneficial metabolites, including vitamins, minerals, amino acids and antioxidants. These metabolites work together to support the growth of beneficial microorganisms in the horse’s gut and to promote optimal immune function.
What are the benefits of ActivAge™ prebiotic?
- Protects Against Inflammation
- Strengthens Immune Function
- Boosts Response to Vaccination
Equine Senior Active now includes shredded beat pulp, a 10% fat level, plus the ActivAge™ prebiotic.
- 100% Vitamins and Minerals*
- Digestible Fibers Including Loose Beet Pulp
- Concentrate Feed – Feed with Hay
Purina Equine Senior Active horse feed is designed for moderately active senior horses, providing high fat and fiber with a controlled starch and sugar formula that delivers all the vitamins and minerals needed to stay fit and active. With the best nutrition for the active senior horse, Purina Equine Senior Active horse feed helps maintain proper body condition to ensure you and your companion can enjoy more quality years together.
Feed form: Concentrated pellets and extruded nuggets
Recommended for: Active senior horses that are easy to average keepers, have good dentition and have no major issues chewing or digesting hay or pasture forage.
|#1 Veterinarian Recommended Senior Horse Feed||
|Easy Soak™ Pellet Technology||
|Easy to Digest||
|Combined Energy Sources||
|Vitamins and Minerals||
|FeedGuard® Nutrition System||
|- WEIGHT OF HORSE IN POUNDS -|
|LIFESTYLE||600 lbs||800 lbs||1,000 lbs||1,200 lbs||1,400 lbs|
|Equine Senior® horse feed (lbs/day)|
- Do not feed free-choice.
- Feed at regular times (at least twice daily). When feeding rates exceed 1% of body weight, three daily feedings are preferred.
- Any feed changes should be made gradually over a period of 7 to 10 days.
- Changes in the rate of feeding should not exceed one pound per day for each horse.
- Have plenty of fresh, clean water available at all times.
- Prevent the rapid eating by the horse of any feed stuffs.
- Store feed in a dry, well-ventilated area protected from rodents and insects.
- Do not feed moldy or insect-infested feed to animals as it may cause illness or death.
- This product to be fed to the animal species as directed on the label.
- In addition to nutritional care and consultation, be sure to make regular veterinary checkups and farrier appointments part of your horse wellness program.