Argyle Feed & Hardware carries Soil Mender Diatomaceous Earth in several sizes including 25 and 50 lb. bags and shaker sizes.
Which pests does Diatomaceous Earth control? Most indoor invaders, including roaches, silverfish, spiders and even fleas are impacted by DE. Adding DE in a chickens’ dust bath mixture helps prevent problems with lice. DE also has many uses around the homestead, as it can help control fleas on dogs, and to reduce parasites in horses, pigs and other animals.
- A natural product composed of ground fossil
- Diatomaceous Earth (fresh water type)
- Amorphous Silica – food grade Anti-caking agent
- A natural, organic insect killer, DE kills insects by physical action and not chemical
- Use on animals, plants, stored grain & around the house to control household & plant pests
SOIL MENDER DIATOMACEOUS EARTH FAQs
Is Soil Mender Diatomaceous Earth Food Grade safe for Human Consumption?
– We cannot promote it as such due the fact that Diatomaceous Earth is not recognized by the FDA. It is non toxic, there are no chemicals added, and is OMRI certified through our supplier.
Can I use Soil Mender Diatomaceous Earth Food Grade indoors?
-Yes, you can. Soil Mender Diatomaceous Earth Food Grade is a fine powder, however, a mask is recommended to be worn, indoors or out, to avoid any breathing agitations. There are no added chemicals and is non toxic, so it is safe to use in inhabited areas.
How do I apply Soil Mender Diatomaceous Earth Food Grade?
-Soil Mender does offer the product in a “duster” or “shaker”. You can also apply wet by adding one cup of Soil Mender Diatomaceous Earth Food Grade per gallon of water, keeping it agitated while spraying. A light dusting or watering is all that is necessary – no need for mounds of white!