Have questions about your horse, or the feeds and supplements? Check out these articles on our website.
For horses sensitive to dietary carbohydrates, please consult with a veterinarian or nutritionist for a recommended diet.
- For horses sensitive to dietary soluble carbohydrates, please consult with a veterinarian or nutritionist for a recommended diet.
- The recommended feeding rate should not be exceeded.
- Feed at regular times.
- Do not feed more than 0.5 pounds per 100 pounds of body weight in one serving.
- Divide total daily feeding into at least two servings with three daily servings preferred.
- Be sure to weigh your feed using a scale. A small scale can be purchased in the fishing department of many sporting goods stores.
- Do not feed free-choice.
- Feed horse in a natural position from troughs placed at normal head height or lower.
- Reduce and/or delay feeding a horse that is hot, excited or showing pain, fever or diarrhea. Consult your veterinarian if any problems arise.
- Prevent rapid eating.
- Have plenty of fresh, clean water available at all times.
- Provide your horse with access to salt.
- Maintain a regular deworming program, have the horse's teeth examined annually and consult your veterinarian on a regular basis.
- Make the feed change gradually over a period of 7 to 10 days.
- Mix the new feed with the old, gradually increasing the amount of the new feed while decreasing an equal amount of the old.
- Changes in the rate of feeding should not exceed 1 pound per day for each horse.
|CRUDE PROTEIN||32.00% min|
|LYSINE||2.70 % min|
|CRUDE FAT||5.00 % min|
|CRUDE FIBER||5.50% max|
|ACID DETERGENT FIBER (ADF)||8.00 % max|
|NEUTRAL DETERGENT FIBER (NDF)||14.00 % max|
|DIETARY STARCH||5.00 % max|
|SUGARS||10.00 % max|
|CALCIUM (Ca)||3.25 % min|
|CALCIUM (Ca)||4.25 % max|
|PHOSPHORUS||1.60 % min|
|COPPER||185.00 PPM min|
|SELENIUM||2.0 PPM min|
|ZINC||500.00 PPM min|
|VITAMIN A||18,000 IU/LB min|
|VITAMIN E||600 IU/LB min|
Enrich Plus Ration Balancing Feed Adds Necessary Nutrients to Your Horse’s Diet. Enrich Plus is a concentrated, pelleted ration balancing horse feed that may be fed as a horse’s sole ration along with quality hay or pasture to provide the proper balance of protein, vitamins, and minerals without unnecessary calories. It can also be fed with unfortified whole grains.
Horses need more nutrition than forage alone can provide. Today’s horses are typically limited to a single type of forage in one geographic area. Pastures in the same area or even different sections of the same pasture can have inconsistent nutrient values. Unfortified grains such as straight oats and corn can also have variable amounts of protein, minerals, and vitamins. So horses need your help to achieve the nutritional balance they once derived naturally.
Purina Enrich Plus Ration Balancing Horse Feed
- Brand: Purina Animal Nutrition
- Product Code: 8219
- Weight : 50.00lb
- Availability: In Stock