Mapping your chicken feed program
Can I raise chickens in my area?
Tips for collecting chicken eggs
- Feed Purina Layena free-choice as the sole ration to laying chickens (including backyard egg producers, small to medium breeds and fancy and exotic breeds) after 18 weeks of age and throughout the laying cycle.
- Purina Layena can be fed to adult female chickens of laying age.
- Always provide shelter and a constant supply of fresh, clean water.
- Consumption will vary depending upon season of the year, nutritional needs of the animals and availability of other foods.
Store in a dry, well-ventilated area free from rodents and insects. Never use moldy or insect-infested feed.
A feeding program is only as effective as the management practices. Actual results can vary depending upon feed intake, environmental conditions and the quality of management practices.
Nutrient Min/Max Amount
Crude Protein MIN 16%
Lysine MIN 0.7%
Methionine MIN 0.3%
Crude Fat MIN 2.5%
Ash MAX 16.00%
Calcium (Ca) MIN 3.25%
Calcium (Ca) MAX 4.25%
Phosphorus (P) MIN 0.45%
Sodium (Na) MIN 0.3%
Sodium (Na) MAX 0.8%
Manganese (Mn) MIN 100 PPM
Vitamin A MIN 3000 IU/LB
Vitamin E MIN 12 IU/LB
Phytase (A. Oryzae) MIN 227 FYT/lb
Purina Layena Pellets layer feed provides all 38 nutrients laying hens need once they’re 18 weeks old and laying eggs. Feeding Purina Layena to your hens provides you with delicious and nutritious eggs that your family and community can enjoy. The exclusive Purina Oyster Strong System strengthens eggshells with added calcium from oyster shells, Vitamin D, and manganese. Purina Layena Pellets are wholesome and balanced, supporting reproductive and overall health with no need to supplement.
Purina Layena Layer Feed is available in pellets or crumbles. Pellets and crumbles include the same nutrition, so choosing between the two is a personal preference. Pellets are a great way to limit feed waste.
Shop poultry feed online or visit us in Argyle, TX.
Purina Layena Pellets
- Brand: Purina Animal Nutrition
- Product Code: 7655
- Weight Starting At: 25.00lb
- Availability: In Stock
Starting At: $12.99
Tags: Poultry Supplies, feeding chickens, what do chickens eat, chicken crumbles, chicken feeds, poultry feeds, feeding laying hens